Careers at First Nebraska Bank provide competitive compensation and benefits, an excellent work environment, and opportunities for improvement and advancement.
Universal Banker – Valley
Provides high quality customer service by meeting the needs of customers in an efficient and friendly manner while both servicing transactions and handling needs assessment and new account opening. This position will have a thorough understanding of the customer’s transaction requirements and be able to effectively communicate all available options to them.
- Acts as the customers’ first point of contact with the Bank, by serving the customers’ total financial service needs by recognizing and uncovering opportunities and contributing directly to the success of the branch.
- Responsible for a broad range of basic to moderate activities in the branch including new account sales, customer service and referral generation.
- Process transactions: deposits & loan transactions, account transfers, money orders, and cashier checks, etc. accurately and according to established guidelines.
- Supports the Bank’s sales objectives and campaigns by selling and cross-selling Bank products and services.
- Assists the branch management with day-to-day transactions (including but not limited to approving transactions, preparing reports, etc.)
- Opens and maintains deposit accounts and electronic products offered by the Bank.
- Educate and offer personal and business customers on the use of interactive tellers, personal and business online banking, mobile banking, as well as remote deposit, wire transfers, and ACH origination services.
- Actively promotes the branch office by making sales calls, assisting in outreach events and community involvement.
- Treat all transactions with complete confidentiality.
- Verifies customer information by following the bank’s Customer Information Program, Customer Due Diligence, and USA Patriot Act according to FNB BSA policies.
- Additional related duties may be assigned as appropriate for the branch.
- Comply with all Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering regulations, bank policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills.
- Relationship building, collaboration and teamwork – plus – problem solving skills.
- Understands basic knowledge of bank deposits, lending products, credit products, and services to open accounts or refer customer to specialist team member(s).
- Demonstrates a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail skills.
- Proficient computer literacy with knowledge of windows-based computer software.
- Bilingual – desired.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-3 years of customer service and professional experience
- 1-2 years banking experience preferred, but not required
- Valid Driver’s License • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand and /or sit for extended periods of time.
FNB Job Application
FNB Credit Report Disclosure
For all job opportunities, candidates should complete an Application and send to Angie Houser.
First Nebraska Bank
Attn: Angie Houser
PO Box 1277
Columbus, NE 68602